'Boost is the secret of winning energy!'
Boost is India's leading malt-based Health Food Drink in a chocolate flavor. It was developed by the company's R&D team in 1974 and launched in 1975-76. Its success characterizes the manner and skill with which GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare has responded to the changing contours of this product segment in recent times.
Boost has a market share of 13.5% countrywide amongst all Health Food Drinks (HFD), while in South India - the biggest region for the category - it commands a market share of 26%. (Source: ACNeilsen Retail Audit)
- Boost is the first HFD to have used celebrity endorsement to convey its energy proposition and has thereby successfully differentiated itself from other brands. It has been successfully endorsed by India's most famous cricket stars, particularly those with a humungous following among children. Kapil Dev, the most charismatic cricketer of his time flagged this off in the 1980s. The baton passed to Sachin Tendulkar in the 1990s. Sachin has remained steadfast in his support for Boost with the explosive Virender Sehwag joining the Little Master as brand ambassador in 2001. In 2008, the current Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni also joined the brand as a brand ambassador.
- It is also the first brand in this segment to have developed a 'shrink-sleeved' packaging way back in 1999. In recognition of this, Boost has won the prestigious World Star award for its packaging. Boost also won the India Star Award for Best Packaging in 2007 and the World Star Award for Packaging in 2008.
- Boost is India?s only* health food drink scientifically proven to increase stamina by 3 times+.
With the brand philosophy being to continuously innovate and pioneer changes, in line with the changing market dynamics and ongoing consumer feedback, Boost has been restaged in Oct 2011. The brand now offers:
- A more sporty, more convenient & exciting bottle structure
- Exciting new graphics
- exciting new graphics
- Compelling advertising with a high visual appeal that depicts the winning energy we all aspire to have.
New Boost is a malt-based health food drink which comes in a chocolate flavor.
It is now enriched with EnVita Nutrients ? a unique scientific combination of essential vitamins and minerals that significantly improve the levels of key nutrients, important for energy metabolism to help increase stamina.
|EnVita Nutrients** - Delivery per Serve (20g)
|Iron - 8.9 mg
Vitamin C - 37.6 mg
|Important for healthy blood to support optimal oxygen carrying capacity
essential for stamina
|Vitamins B1, B2, B6, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Biotin (50%)
Magnesium, Zinc (17%);
||Energy release from food for efficient working of body cells
|Vitamin B12 - 1.13 mcg
Folic Acid - 112.5 mcg
Vitamin B2 - 0.56 mg
Vitamin B6 - 0.63 mg
|Which help in optimal utilization of oxygen by the body important for stamina
|Vitamin B1 - 0.56 mg
Niacin - 6.0 mg
|Which help in energy release from food essential for efficient working of body cells
|Biotin - 5.0 mcg
Panthotenic Acid - 1.0 mg
Iodine - 39.6 mcg
Magnesium - 16.5 mcg
|Vitamin A - 125.0 mg
Copper - 175.0 mcg
Zinc - 0.92 mg
|Which help protect from excessive cell damage due to oxidative stress
|Vitamin D - 0.63 mcg
Calcium - 115.5 mg
Protein - 1.5g
|Which help in maintenance of optimal bone & muscle health for strength
**Term Envita Nutrients is a creative rendition for the micronutrients that have a role in energy metabolism and physical performance (endurance).
Things you didn't know about Boost
- Sachin Tendulkar appeared in a Boost advertisement for the first time at the age of seventeen.
- The kid, who starred in the Boost advertisement with Kapil Dev, went on to become a member of the Indian cricket team - Nikhil Chopra.
- There is a range of interesting products prepared with Boost which cater to local tastes: the Boost 'barfis', for example, in certain parts of India.